- What types of personal information we collect
- How we use personal information
- How we make sure personal information remains safe and secure
- How we share personal information
- How you can contact us to find out more about the personal information we hold
- How we treat other information we collect that is not personal information
2. What types of personal information we collect
We only collect personal information for the purpose of establishing and maintaining a service provider relationship with customers and end users of the software service – Gensolve Practice Manager (from this point referred to as “GPM”).
Please distinguish the personal information we collect for the purposes of providing the GPM service from personal information that users of GPM may collect about their patients. We do not play any part in the collection of personal information by users of GPM about their patients which is entirely the responsibility of the relevant health practice. Health practices will use GPM to store this personal information. Please see section “4. How we make sure personal information remains safe and secure”.
Patients of users of GPM are directed to consult with their health practice on the personal information collected and how that health practice may use and disclose such personal information.
3. How we use personal information
Collecting personal information allows us to confirm the identity of our customers and end users, which allows our customers and end users to securely and fully use GPM. If we are unable to confirm your identity we may be unable to provide the full level of service and we will also be unable to keep you updated with developments and improvements in the GPM offering.
4. How we make sure personal information remains safe and secure
We store personal information disclosed to and collected by us in a secure storage facility operated by a third party. We have taken thorough steps to ensure the storage facilities are secure, including encrypting communications to and from the storage facilities. We also provide strict instructions for our staff who handle personal information to ensure they protect the confidentiality of personal information. We cannot access any information (including personal information) collected by health practices that use GPM. GPM is the facility used by a health practice to store such information. We take pride in the strict security measures we have in place and all information stored through GPM is safe and secure.
5. How we share personal information
We will only disclose personal information we have collected with your consent, for legal or compliance reasons or for our related business purposes. Examples of disclosures of personal information we have collected include disclosures to:
- Your authorised health practitioners
- Our related companies and their staff
- Our professional advisors (such as accountants and lawyers)
- Third party service providers that conduct specialised activities such as high volume email mail-outs or supply specialised products such as value-added service offerings
- Third party organisations for the purposes of providing marketing services or to distribute notifications regarding events we hold
We also may de-identify personal information we have collected for use and disclosure to organisations outside of Gensolve for the purposes of analysing our service quality and timeliness, market research, marketing and compilation or analysis of statistics comprised of, or related to the information you provide us. De-identified information may also be used internally for business analysis and educational purposes. We will not disclose personal information we have collected to a party outside of Australia unless we have taken steps to confirm they will comply with a standard equal of protection regarding personal information that is equal to that offered under Australian legislation.
6. How you can contact us to find out more about the personal information we hold
Phone: 1300 654 484
Fax: 1300 653 484
Mail: PO Box 1102, Maroochydore QLD 4220
7. Other information we collect that is not personal information
To monitor and improve our service we collect information on website activity such as the number of users who visit our website, dates and times of visits, number of pages viewed, navigation patterns and systems used to access our site and when entering our site from another site, the address of that site. This information does not identify an individual but it does provide Gensolve with statistics that we can use to analyse and improve our website.